The 6th annual Southern Iowa Grazing Conference will be held on Friday, February 16th, and Saturday, February 17th at the Mutchler Community Center in Bloomfield, IA.
The Southern Iowa Grazing Conference exists to provide an educational and inspiring environment with information about life on the farm, especially life on a cattle farm. The event is for all ages and all levels of experience. It is an opportunity to network and learn from other grazers in Iowa and beyond, and to inspire and be re-inspired about the work we commit to on our farms.
- Trade Show
- Digestive Health – Emily Brown
- Nourishing Our Children – Emily Brown
Registration Fee: $10
Saturday, February 17th, 2018 8am-4pm The Mutchler Community Center, 900 E North St, Bloomfield
Speakers and Topics:
- Understanding How Pasture Soils Function – Ray Archuleta
- Managing an Organic Dairy Farm – Farmer Panel: Larry Yoder, Lavern Kurtz and DavidMast, Moderated by Corneal Troyer
- Managing Nutrients in Pasture Systems – Ray Archuleta
- Economics of Grazing Beef Cattle – Jim Powell
- Wedel Dairy Farm Tour – Kyle Wedel
- Managing Hair Sheep in a Multi0species System – Weston Walker
*Preregister by February 1st: First person,$48 and additional farm members, $30 per person.
At the Door: First person,$65 and additional farm members, $35 per person.
To Preregister for one or both days:
Send Checks Payable to S.I.G.C. to
402 Karr Ave Ste A
Bloomfield, IA 52537
For more information, contact:
Robert Yoder 641-664-2060
Anastasia Erdmann 641-664-2600*307
A word from the Organizers
For the past 5 years, a dedicated team of us in southern Iowa have been doing all the behind the scenes work. We are beyond excited about how much the conference has grown and hope to watch it continue to be a place where knowledge and ideas can be shared between fellow farmers and ranchers of all kinds. At our 2017 conference, we were grateful to have 200 attendees and 28 vendors. This year we hope to see you there!
~Robert Yoder, John Henry Yoder, Elmer Beechy, Ivan Mast & Ben Yoder