Are you passionate about the natural environment and supporting communities in southeast Iowa? Are you detail oriented and thrive in a team-oriented, flexible work environment?
Oversees management and implementation of community development and natural resource conservation projects. Work includes project development, management, and implementation. Work is performed under supervision of, and in collaboration with, the Executive Director. The successful applicant will enjoy working on a variety of projects, in a dynamic work environment. This is a 1-year grant-funded position with the possibility for continuation.
- Identify opportunities for community/economic/natural resource development in order to develop sectors, projects, and initiatives
- Grant writing, management, and administration
- Collect, analyze, and communicate technical information to a variety of audiences
- Manage and complete existing scopes of work for projects related to grass-fed beef market expansion and solar energy
- Manage marketing and communication for the Historic Hills Scenic ByWay including social media, press releases, and occasional event preparation
- Performs related work as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- Independently process/prepare reports, track expenses, and manage scopes of work
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the line of work
- Interpret technical and scientific information and clearly/concisely communicate to a variety of individuals and groups
- Effective use of social media platforms, Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher
- Bachelor’s degree in community planning, policy, environmental science or related field
- Master’s degree, preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in community development and/or natural resource conservation, preferred
- Experience in community development, environmental planning, environmental science, or project management, preferred
Pathfinders Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D) is a non-profit organization with a mission is to create vibrant communities by strengthening local economies and encouraging natural resource conservation. Pathfinders believes that local people know what their communities need and can create solutions that work. More information is available at www.pathfindersrcd.org
Please, submit a cover-letter addressing how you meet the qualifications, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, submit by 5pm on November 4th. Questions regarding the position announcement can be directed to Anna Bruen: 641-472-6177 or email@example.com.
Pathfinders is an equal opportunity employer.