Pathfinders RC&D, along with other RC&D councils in Iowa, partnered with the University of Iowa’s Office of Outreach and Engagement to assist communities in our region with community development efforts.
The partnership utilizes a mix of community engagement opportunities at the University of Iowa, including community-engaged learning courses, community-based research by faculty and graduate students, and staff outreach.
Pathfinders’ staff connected communities and their projects to the University of Iowa and acted as project managers to help ensure the successful outcomes for both the communities and the University.
- A housing needs assessment for the City of Bloomfield
- Engineering design for: Keokuk County, Bentonsport, Carnegie Museum in Fairfield, Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, Van Buren County, Iowa Department of Transportation, and others
- Jefferson County Public Health Mental Health Campaign
- Communication plan for the Historic Hills Scenic Byway
- Workshop for museum staff and volunteers about document preservation
- Short documentary films about Pathfinders RC&D and four of our projects